If you’ve been looking a new home in the Rockford area, or have been loving your home in the area for years, you’re most likely already aware that this community has so many amazing qualities. This booming community has endless possibilities of things to do. Being just minutes away from downtown provides so much accessibility to anything you could imagine. Although, what makes a community even stronger, is supporting your local businesses. Whether you’re looking to gain more of a sense of community in your area or you’re browsing the opportunities for your new possibility of an area to call home, these are some of the local businesses in Rockford that you won’t want to miss:
- Aunt Candy’s Toy Company. This family friendly local business has been serving the Rockford community for 25 years. Their family owned business provides unique, high quality toys for all ages from babies, to the ages of your older kids. Aunt Candy’s even has fun gifting options like their Birthday Bucket. The Birthday Bucket option allows birthday kids can come in the store and fill a bucket full of fun toys that they want prior to their birthday. Then, family and friends can return to the store and purchase some of their favorites. Aunt Candy’s Toy Company is open 7 days a week, stop by with your loved ones and see what all the fun is about!
- Ramona’s Table. Dating back to 2007, Ramona’s Table delivers incredibly tasty dishes while staying environmentally conscious. Not to mention, giving back to the community is at the forefront of their company values. Every purchase of a kid’s meal is $1 that Ramona’s Table will donate to Kid’s Food Basket for a local child in need. This restaurant desires to create a vibrant, warm environment to share a meal with loved ones. Try it for yourself, you’ll just have to trust us on this one.
- Grange Fruit Farm. This local business was founded in 2012, offering the perfect spot for you-pick produce. Their products are seasonal and vary from all the produce you could imagine. Sweet/tart cherries, peaches, blackberries, apples and more! Their Facebook page is the best way to stay updated on what is in season and even have a few beautiful photos of the produce at their farm. Stop by while your favorite produce is in season!
- The Corner Bar in Rockford creates an atmosphere dedicated to food, friends and fun. You can even enter in their hot dog eating contest to get onto their wall of fame! The wall of fame has been ongoing since 1965 and has been preserved through an online database even after their facility burned down. Even after they lost their original storefront, you can still find some of the historical treasures spread around their new facility, just ask one of the friendly faces about it the next time you visit. Their food will have you planning the next time you will return before your meal is over.
- Paperdoll Boutique. This local boutique offers a unique and trendy storefront for women’s clothing and accessories. Free People, Roxy, and Billabong are just a few of the name brands that their store offers. You can find them along the Rogue River in downtown Rockford since 1999. Stop in their store or order online and then stop in to pick up your unique items Monday thru Saturday. Check out their lookbook on their website, you’ll be hooked!
- Custard by the Dam. This local ice cream stop provides plenty of tasty treats with view overlooking the beautiful dam… what more could you ask for? This hotspot also offers fat free, vegan, gluten free and dairy free options. This joint is a Summer must!
- Bailey and James. This local business offers everything you need from home decor, to clothing and even pet supplies/apparel! If that wasn’t convincing enough, you can even supply a special event with fresh florals through Bailey and James. This small business does it all while keeping modern and unique touches in mind. They do it all, stop by Monday to Saturday from 1 to 6 pm to see for yourself!
- Kayla Rae Cellars. This wine bar and tasting room in downtown Rockford is your next go-to spot. Try white, red, dessert, and fruit wines all under the same roof. Although, if hard cider or maybe even root beer is more of your taste, they offer that too. Membership benefits are also available once you fall in love with this sweet spot. Try some of their products in store or even take it home with you!
- The Dam Dogs. Don’t forget to grab fork at this hot dog joint, you’re going to need it. The Dam Dogs prides themselves in being the all beef hot dogs piled with toppings that will leave you coming back for more. You can even make your own to cater to your individual taste. Dam Dogs has plenty of seating indoors, but of course, you’ll find yourself wanting to to eat with a view of the Rockford Dam Rogue River, it’s right outside their door!
Don’t be shy, these businesses are setting the bar for everything from food to children’s toys and they are right in your own backyard. Leave a comment after you’ve visited and let us know what you think, you won’t be disappointed!